Thursday, April 12, 2012

Last Unmarried Anniversary

Mr. Phobia and I celebrated our 4th (and last!) Unmarried Anniversary ever today. How exciting!
In truth it was a bit laid back: there was a lot of Assam Golden Tip tea involved, we indulged in our love of Miyazaki and finally watched The Secret World of Arrietty, and  headed over to  Industrial Tattoo & Piercing to get each other our official anniversary presents -eyebrow piercings.
It was his first piercing ever (I know, can you believe it? He's been with me for how long?) and only the 2nd one that I've had done there.
I've been tattooed there a couple times and I was always really happy with the result. I'm glad to say that I feel the same about getting pierced there! It's such a great place to go, and I think Mr. Phobia might be hooked now. Oops... ;)
We also went to a record store that sold almost nothing but honest-to-god vinyl, and bought a couple Tom Waits albums to christen our new record player with.
A good day? I think so.
Tomorrow we get to celebrate all over again: a friend of ours is doing tech for UC Berkeley's production of Sweeney Todd, and of course there's no way we're going to miss it!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Wolf and I are getting married next year, on Halloween, so we still have some time. You inspire me to make sure our last anniversary is fun, and memorable. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I didn't know you two had a date set already, that's awesome :)
    I originally wanted a Halloween wedding, but my dad's birthday is October 30 and I felt like kind of an asshole stealing his birthday weekend with my wedding xD Our date is October the 13th, though, so eventually we'll have a Friday the 13th anniversary!

    You should definitely do something unique and fun for your last unmarried anniversary, though. It makes it extra-special :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're tying to come up with ideas. I know that we'd like the guests to wear Halloween costumes. Also, because I'm pagan, I was thinking about hand-fasting. :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of costumed guests :) Sounds like fun!
    We're having a Wiccan ceremony/handfasting but I just refer to it as a wedding so I don't have to explain myself over and over and over. After hearing "Hand fasting? What's thaaaaaaat?" a million times I was just like....okay, we'll call it a wedding.

    ReplyDelete