Monday, April 9, 2012

Vampire Bride

That's right, I'm getting married!
This isn't really news if you know me in the real world, but it's the first time I've written about it on my blog.
The Doomsday Clock is at about 6 PM exactly (we have 6 months and 4 days until the wedding) and Mr. LilyPhobia (let's just call him Mr. Phobia, because it's fun) and I have been running ourselves into the ground trying to put together an Elegant Gothic wedding for the centuries.
After all, vampires live forever: we're going to be looking back on this shindig for all eternity.
Today we designed a decadent wedding cake decorated with black and royal blue silk roses, and had our gorgeous black-on-black invitations ordered. People will definitely know they're from us when they receive them...
Also, in a weird twist of perfect timing, our Alchemy Gothic wedding bands arrived:
Obviously it's not the traditional gold wedding band, but neither of us cared much for those to begin with. We both wear a lot of bat jewelry, though, and my first engagement ring before I got my official silver-and-emerald band with engraved leaves was actually a plastic bat ring -Mr. Phobia randomly got it in the mail along with a package of CDs and some other stuff from Calabrese, and he had been planning to propose anyway, there just wasn't a ring. Next time I see Calabrese, I should tell them they played a key part in our engagement.

Watching our darkly romantic wedding come together is great fun...I hope when the day itself gets here I can slow down and enjoy it with my new husband.

1 comment: